California Style Guacamole is yet another terrific guacamole recipe! This one was provided by our friends at the Haas Avocado Advisory Board. I didn't know there was such a board but based on the excellent avocados we get from Haas (they're my favorite) I'm glad there is!
So what makes this style of guacamole any different from any other? Still got the requisite avocados, cilantro, onions, tomatoes and so on. Well this one also includes using Anaheim peppers. And not just chopping them into the guac but first, charring them! Ummm...does that sound great or what?
So if you like a great guacamole you will love this California Style Guac! Give it a try soon!
California Style Guacamole
* 2 Anaheim chilies
* 2 Hass Avocados, peeled and pitted
* 3 key limes, juiced
* 1 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
* 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
* 0/1 lg. tomato, diced small
* 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced small
* 6 tsp. cilantro, chopped
* Salt and pepper to taste
How we make it
1. Char chilies on all sides by placing them
directly on the stove burner.
2. Place them in a bowl and cover the bowl
with plastic wrap.
3. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin
and discard with stem.
4. Take out all the seeds and finely dice the
5. Place the avocados in a large bowl and mash.
6. Stir in lime juice.
7. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
8. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve with chips.
The opinions expressed in this website are strictly those of the authors.
Always consult your nutritionist or healthcare provider before beginning a new diet regimen.
© 2011-2012 - all-veg.com. All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any material without express written permission is strictly prohibited by law.