Curried Thai tofu salad is a great salad to serve whether you are looking for an eclectic mix or serving other Asian dishes.
Curried Thai and Tofu Salad
• 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
• 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
• 2 T peanut butter
• 2 small ribs celery, chopped
• 1/3 cup mixed nuts (or more if you like)
• 3 small cloves garlic, minced
• 1/3 cup onion, chopped finely
Drain and press tofu, then cube and freeze overnight. Thaw and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes, tossing after 12 minutes. While tofu is baking, mix curry, lemon juice, mayo, vinegar, pepper flakes, soy sauce, and peanut butter. Set aside. When tofu is done baking, cool then mix, along with remaining ingredients, into the sauce ingredients that you set aside earlier. Chill for at least 30 minutes then serve cold.
• If you prefer less spice, you can reduce the amount of pepper flakes.
• If you prefer stronger peanut butter flavor, feel free to play with the amount of peanut butter too!
The opinions expressed in this website are strictly those of the authors.
Always consult your nutritionist or healthcare provider before beginning a new diet regimen.
© 2011-2012 - all-veg.com. All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any material without express written permission is strictly prohibited by law.